Planning Your Pool Installation
Before you know it, you’ll have your own personal backyard getaway. The idea of future get-togethers, parties, BBQs, and staycations, are suddenly so much more exciting knowing that you can enjoy a refreshing swim all summer long. With a pool heater, your swimming pool season can even be extended into the fall!
Before you get too excited, it’s important to run through your plan for your new pool. After all, you don’t want to run into any nasty surprises along the way or be caught unprepared when the builders arrive at your property. Like with any investment, it’s important that you’re prepared for the project to get underway. Don’t rush into it.
Whether you’re planning for an above ground pool or an inground pool, it’s important to know what budget you can comfortably set aside, what dimensions you’d like it to be, what unique features and options you want, and understand what the building and installation process is going to be like.
Start Right with our Planning Checklist
- Measure the exact length and width of the area you’d like your pool to occupy. Use a tape measure to get the measurements, and be sure to take note of them. Picture what your pool will look like with these dimensions. Is it too big? Too small? Does it work with the area you have in your backyard?
- Tape measure the distance for entry into your backyard. This will play a factor in determining how much your pool will cost, and you might find that you have to ask your neighbour to use part of their property for entrance.
- Call your gas and electricity providers to inquire about any lines that might run in the area where you’ll be building your new pool. This step is extremely important, as damaging underground infrastructure can be very dangerous and costly. The toll-free number for Call Before You Dig is 1-888-624-9376
- Get inspired! Hop online and check out what other homeowners have done with their pools. Make sure to view as many shapes, designs, sizes and options as possible so you can get a good feel for what they look like and whether they’d fit your needs. If you have friends or family members with pools, ask them about their experience It might give you some inspiration, or show you what you don’t want in a new pool.
- Decide on your budget. What are you willing to spend on your new pool? We’ve developed a Cost of Pools in Winnipeg page to give you an idea of how much your project might cost you. You should also consider things like landscaping around your pool once construction has been finished, and be sure to set some of your budget aside for these additions.
- Fill out our free Request a Quote Form to receive an accurate picture of what the pool of your dreams will cost. This is the first step on your road to becoming a proud owner!
Getting started is easy!
You can reach us by phone, email, or filling out a quick form. We will be happy to get back to you.
Getting started is easy. Our 3-step process gets an estimate to you as quickly as possible so we can book your job at our earliest available time.
• Contact us to receive your free preliminary estimate
• We send you an accurate quote within 72 hours
• On agreement and deposit, we book the job and start designing
Above Ground Pools
Above ground pools offer a great backyard getaway, giving you and your loved ones the perfect place to relax on a hot summer day while requiring less space than an inground pool. When determining the cost of above ground pools in Winnipeg, you’ll need to consider a few important factors.